What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't play or copy network videos with Buzz Player HD

zzz99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you able to access to the nas with the player(account) on your pc or mac?

jaspersky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you able to access the nas with the PC or Mac?
If through DSM, of course can, as I have oredi upload hundred of files through DSM. But I have not try using a PC player to play media at NAS. any recommend software (PC) to try?

Just try to map drive to my PC, even admin account failed. Could it be some windows service disable?

Last edited:

zzz99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have the Windows file service enable? Like the screenshot below.

2012-12-14 11.25.21 pm.png

jaspersky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have the Windows file service enable? Like the screenshot below.

View attachment 31539

Ya it worked. but another problem, I create a user name player but can only access folder named [MVshow], but it still can access all folders. I created another group named "general" which consists of only user "player" to access the [MVshow] folder. but it show able to access all. At the user setting, unable to uncheck "player" account under users group tab. How to limit the access to the specific folder?

zzz99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take a screenshot of the user setting and post it here, so I can review it.

zzz99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also check the "No access" for those folders that you don't want to give access.

jaspersky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After checking no access, using aceplayer and account "player", music and MVshow folder cant be seen, only photo and video folders can be seen and access.

Using buzz player offer ironic outcome. All folders accessible except MVshow.

For the GRoup/Users/shared folder, which one will have overwrite other priority? i.e "player" has both users and general group, user group all read setting enable, but general only has [MVshow] enable.
Sorry to ask such basic QS, but Im almost a newbie.

zzz99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't play with the group unless you have many users in your network.

AcePlayer is much better than Buzz Player in my case, so I no longer using Buzz since ~1.5year ago.

jaspersky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it almost what I wanted but guest account must be activate and given read privileges for the restriction to work.. But again, guest account is another headache

Most reactions