What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't find the "File" menu in Pages

rayroshi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to create a new template in Pages, then save it to my iPad; however, the "File" menu is nowhere to be see, no matter what I try.

I've tried swiping down, hoping to see it at the top of the screen, but no go. I have clicked on everything that's visible, but to no avail.

According to what I have found on Google, I should be able to save my new template simply by going to "File," then "Save as,"... , just as you would normally do with any other program.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like you are reading instructions for the Mac version of Pages. There is no File menu in the iOS version.

When you close the open document, it will be there in the Documents view. There is no need to explicitly save it. If you tap the Edit button, then the file name, you can change the name. If you drag one document on top of another, it will create a folder, which you can name. Add more documents by dragging them on top of the folder.

To duplicate an existing document, choose Edit, tap the document to select it, then tap the [+] icon at the top left.

It's not possible to create real templates in the iOS version of Pages, however you can come close. Here is a breakdown of all the methods I know of. The article's about 6 months old, but should still be close enough to work from.

http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/n...icloud-beta-windows-user.125657/#post-1089015

OP
R

rayroshi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, that sounds like exactly the information I needed! Thanks a million for your time and trouble. I think you've solved my problem.

You're a good'un!!

Being in Granite Fall, I haven't been in Walla Walla in years, but if I we're I buy you a beer.

Most reactions