What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't edit Google Calender on iPad Calender

armoredsaint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I add items on my Google calender from a laptop/desktop and it does sync perfectly via iCloud, but when I look on my iPad calender I can't edit the details.

I assume it's normal, not everything is two-way?

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You have two types of Google calendar accounts. Read/Write and Read Only. I believe yours is in Read Only.

Side note, Google Calendar does not use anything from iCloud. It is done with push technology thru either a Google email account or an Exchange email account.

OP
A

armoredsaint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have two types of Google calendar accounts. Read/Write and Read Only. I believe yours is in Read Only.

Side note, Google Calendar does not use anything from iCloud. It is done with push technology thru either a Google email account or an Exchange email account.

thanks! how do i get the read/write? is that a paid account?

OP
A

armoredsaint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks again - i did that exactly with my company email on exchange.

weird thing is on my macbookpro with lion, i can fully edit google calender appts, just ipad is limited.

Last edited:

Sleaka J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Google Sync instead of iCloud for my contacts and calendar on my iPad and I can edit/add both calendar events and contacts (then they appear on my iPhone). You sure you're not trying to sync both Google AND iCloud?

Most reactions