What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cant delete apps from ipad and cant import files

hehehaha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my Ipad mini connected to a computer ( which has been authorised to it ) with its USB cable

I have apps i want to delete so i touch the icon until it starts jiggling but there is no "x" appearing in the corner of the icon for me to delete it with ???

---------------

I want to open safari and import bookmarks from my computer but safari says " your ipad is not connected to the internet " , now tell me shouldnt i have internet connection through the ldocking / USB cable ?

--------------

I try to import files through Itunes by clicking on my device ( Ipad ) > click apps on the top menu bar , but if i select an app then click add , nothing happens

????????????????? :mad:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have my Ipad mini connected to a computer ( which has been authorised to it ) with its USB cable

I have apps i want to delete so i touch the icon until it starts jiggling but there is no "x" appearing in the corner of the icon for me to delete it with ???

---------------

What apps are you trying to delete? You can't delete the ones that come stock with the iPad (e.g. Safar, Mail, etc). Or - check your restrictions in Settings (General > Restrictions). You may have it set so that you can't delete apps...

I want to open safari and import bookmarks from my computer but safari says " your ipad is not connected to the internet " , now tell me shouldnt i have internet connection through the ldocking / USB cable ?

--------------

The iPad doesn't connect to the Internet via the docking/USB cable. It only connects via wireless (you have to have a wireless router).

I try to import files through Itunes by clicking on my device ( Ipad ) > click apps on the top menu bar , but if i select an app then click add , nothing happens

????????????????? :mad:

Once you've selected the apps in the Apps tab, you have to then click on the Apply (or Sync, I forget) button in the bottom right page of that Apps tab. In a way, iTunes builds a queue of apps to install and will only finish the action once you hit that button.

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

OP
H

hehehaha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What apps are you trying to delete? You can't delete the ones that come stock with the iPad (e.g. Safar, Mail, etc). Or - check your restrictions in Settings (General > Restrictions). You may have it set so that you can't delete apps...

The iPad doesn't connect to the Internet via the docking/USB cable. It only connects via wireless (you have to have a wireless router).

Once you've selected the apps in the Apps tab, you have to then click on the Apply (or Sync, I forget) button in the bottom right page of that Apps tab. In a way, iTunes builds a queue of apps to install and will only finish the action once you hit that button.

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

Okay , i wanted to delete the games app because i dont play them and i wanted the space so maybe it cant be done ?

i have apps on my computer that i want to import into the ipad but i cant get that to work , and i cant even import anything such as photos or KMZ files to import for google earth . how am i supposed to do that ?

i have spent over 2 hours on chat to apple support and two morons there cant even tell me how to import bookmarks into ipad let alone how to import files , PDFs or folders

:) thanks marilyn

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay , i wanted to delete the games app because i dont play them and i wanted the space so maybe it cant be done ?

i have apps on my computer that i want to import into the ipad but i cant get that to work , and i cant even import anything such as photos or KMZ files to import for google earth . how am i supposed to do that ?

i have spent over 2 hours on chat to apple support and two morons there cant even tell me how to import bookmarks into ipad let alone how to import files , PDFs or folders

:) thanks marilyn

If you're talking about the GameCenter app, then no, you can't delete that one. Sorry.

The only apps ("programs") you can put on the iPad are the ones you get/download from the AppStore. Yeah, you can download them from the AppStore via iTunes and then transfer them over - but that's the only place to get apps. You can't just install programs on the iPad.

iTunes will help you import Photos to the iPad, along with files (to include PDFs). The key is, you have to have an app on the iPad so that you can open/use those files. There is no central repository for files and folders. The iPad is app-centric and each app contains and uses its own files.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts