What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot start apple mobile device service.

appleplusy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have an ipad 1, 16gb wifi-only,ios 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpoison. My ipad ran out of space recently (600 mb) and i was trying to get some more space. i opened ifile on my ipad without backing up, i deleted lots of file in my apps' "cache" folder and i got 500 mb more. i was greedy and so i went even further. i deleted files in cache folder in some system folder and some other places. everything looks fine so i reboot my ipad. i hold the power button and slide to power off. it took much longer than usual and finally it was off. i tried to switch it on but instead of seeing it booting up as normal, i went into recovery mode.

so i tried to restore my ipad and i got an 1611 error. i noticed that it was because my Apple Mobile Device Service (AMDS) hasn't start. i tried reinstalling in many ways and tried googling for answers for hours but none of the solution i found worked so i decided to ask here.

SHORT VERSION : I need help to start my Apple Mobile Device Service (AMDS).

xmonlc.jpg

Many solutions have a stop and restart button there but i didn't have them.

1zvfr0h.jpg

I right-clicked but still unable to stop or restart

15oh3ky.jpg

So i clicked start and it loaded.

25a3yo8.jpg

And when it finish loading, i got the error "The Apple Mobile Device service on Local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

FYI, the startup type is already "automatic"

Please help me because i can't live without my ipad :(

OP
A

appleplusy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i did hours of googling and didn't missed out that thread too. in fact, i tried all of those and none helped.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be honest here - by deleting those cache files via iFile, you've probably messed up your iPad1 past what any type of repair/fiddling with can help.

Your best, and only, option, in my opinion, is to restore the iPad by following this sticky: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-your-ipad-using-tinyumbrella-shsh-blobs.html

I know you know this now, applyplusy - but for everyone else: This is why you don't go randomly deleting files while you are in iFile! Appleplusy is lucky, in that he has an iPad1 and can, at the worst, put iOS5 on his iPad1 and then do a tethered jail break. But, for those of you with 3G iPad2s ... you'd be out of luck and lose your jailbreaks.

So, for all: Please, take care in how you muck about in iFile/with your iPads.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts