What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot find sent emails

Lisa0101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am able to send and receive emails from my iPad but when I send one there is nothing in my sent folder. I can see emails sent from my PC. Any suggestions ?

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How are you sending the emails? The built in Mail app or in Safari? What email is it? A free one like Google/Hotmail?

OP
L

Lisa0101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BluAzn, excuse my lack of iPad use, but how do you refresh sent folder?
Purpleorchid I send by my paid provider via mail app.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go into the Sent Folder, and in the bottom left, there will be an icon that looks like a circular arrow. That's the refresh button.

Also, go into your Mail Settings (where you set up your mail account), into the specific mail account and look under Advanced settings. Depending on the paid provider, you may have an option for saving sent emails.

If all else fails, in that Mail setup screen that lists your mail accounts, there is a general option to "Always bcc myself". Turn that on. Every email you send will also be sent to you. A little bit of a pain because now you'll get extra emails in your inbox, but you'll at least have a copy of the email.

OP
L

Lisa0101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Purpleorchid, thanks for that, the refresh didn't work but I changed my account settings "from on my iPad" to "on my server" for sent mail. Works perfectly

Peter Tenney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Backshore

First, forgive my non technical language. I'm a humanities teacher.
In my new iPad, in Mail, I wanted to see the contents of my Sent mail folder. The only way I could find an icon of the folder itself (with the paper airplane) was to click on the little icon (at the top right) of "paper" folders with a down arrow on them. Once I saw the Sent mail icon on the left, I clicked on it to view its contents and an email message that was already open zipped into it and disappeared. The folder's contents were never revealed. I had only activated a "select which folder" function for filing an email. So, I'm left wondering how I find the actual sent mail folder icon, where I can access its contents rather than placing an email there. (I hope I'm making sense to someone.) Forgive me if the location of what I'm looking for is so obvious that it could hit me in the face. I do not see it anywhere. I notice the last discussion on this was in July, so I hope this finds the thread participants anyway. At that time, Purpleorchard said to Lisa0101 "Go into the Sent Folder." That simple thing is precisely what I do not see anywhere and cannot seem to find. Thanks to Purpleorchard if he/she can get back to me on this.

Melaniet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In email, under where it says ACCOUNTS click on the email you want that has an @ symbol next to it. There will be your inbox folder and your sent folder

Fbrennnin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have same problem, and I'm not a tech new by either. There seem to be buttons or icons missing.
I'm using the iPad mail client w exchange server.
I'm in landscape view.
On left I see emails, and right the preview pane.
On top of the left column is only a "search mail" box with a magnifying glass, nothing else!
I do not see my email address.
On the right above the preview pane are the following icons:
The 'folder,' the trash can, the reply and the 'new msg'. The word "accounts" does not appear as I'm using only one account.
The 'folder' icon seems to file the open message in the folder u select, it does not switch u to that folder.
My settings are set so that "mail folders to push" includes "sent" and "trash" but that doesn't help.
I'm baffled!!!
Help pls !!!

Last edited:

Most reactions