What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot delete a book from ibooks

Numpty1950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm in big trouble! Played with my wife's beloved ipad2 and can't undo an error I have created. I tried to download a couple of books from the store. The books appear in the ibooks library on the ipad2 (I suspect icons only) but I cannot open the books. I have tried deleting using the top right of screen edit and then delete. The books do not highlight to be able to delete. I have tried re-synching, deleting the books from the itunes library all to no avail.
Unless some accommodating sould is kind enough to help me, it would appear the rest of my life will be celibate :(
I have searched the internet for assistance but have not been successful. This is my last hope, please help me. :confused:

Regards numpty1950

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If they books have nota actually downloaded yet then you can't delete them. Ironic, I know. With a good Wi-Fi connection tap on the books to let them finish downloading. Once they have you should be able to delete them as normal.

Hold in mind they will forever after show up in the Purchased section of the iBooks Store. There is no way to delete that, so maybe you should consider a sincere apology, a dozen roses, and a box of chocolates instead of hiding your tracks.

Also try restarting the iPad. It may help.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Most reactions