What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot connect to the itunes or app store

Status
Not open for further replies.

akammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am originally from SA. Lived for a while in Aust
Hi there. Does anyone have the same problem?

I logged off one of my Apple Id accounts this morning and tried to log on with a different account to access a different itunes store. But I could not log on. Now it seems that I am logged onto my old account again after many falied attempts but I still cannot download anything. I just get the message: "cannot connect to itunes store"

I even tried to connect to itunes with my pc and there I get the message: " we're sorry, we cannot complete your request on the iTunes Store at this time".

I have to add that I am connected to the Internet via WiFi and it is working perfectly because I can access Safari, download and send emails etc.

Can anyone help with some advice?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to be clear - you've been to 'Settings', 'Store' and then changed the log-in information there?

Tim

OP
A

akammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to be clear - you've been to 'Settings', 'Store' and then changed the log-in information there?

Tim

No, I logged out at the bottom of the page on app store by clicking on my apple id and then sign out. It signed me out and I couldn't sign on with a new id. Then I thought something might have gone wrong with my other id and tried to sign on again with the first id. It took a few failed attempts but I am back signed on with the old id, but cannot do anything else. Even when I go to settings, and then store and click on my apple id and then click view Apple Id I get the same message: "Cannot connect to Itunes Store"....

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A couple of questions...

Have you ever been able to use this new account before - or is the first time that you've tried to use it?

Is the account for an iTunes Store in a different country from the one you're in now?

Tim

OP
A

akammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
A couple of questions...

Have you ever been able to use this new account before - or is the first time that you've tried to use it?

Is the account for an iTunes Store in a different country from the one you're in now?

Tim

The account that i tried to access is actually as a matter of fact my first apple account with credit card details in Austria. I wanted to search the app store for a german app. I am currently in Jordan but have never been accessing the Jordan store - dont even know if it exists. The account that I have been using most for downloads now recently and to which I am currently logged on is my USA account without credit card details. But like I mentioned before even though I am now logged on to USA account again and see USA products when opening the store, I cannot download anything. Even free apps.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll move this to the Help section where other Members might find it easier to spot and give their input.

Tim

OP
A

akammer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I'll move this to the Help section where other Members might find it easier to spot and give their input.

Tim

Hi Tim, thanks for trying to help. I switched off my Ipad now for a few hours and everything is back to normal. Maybe the Itunes and app stores were extra busy and couldn't handle all the downloads?

aliceneow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.mytrove.wordpress.com
I'm using iPad2 64GB, version 5.1.1 (latest version). I reset my Apple ID yesterday and since then, I cannot update my apps from the Apps Store. The message "Cannot Connect To iTunes Store" keeps popping out. Tried with WiFi and 3G connections, separately. I restarted couple of times, but received the same response. What shall I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts