What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot Access my Gmail folders from my iPad2.

patrick28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I synced my new iPad3 to the backup for the iPad2, the personal folders for my gmail account got screwed up.

The folders were transferred alright but I cannot access them to retrieve an email from them. Well, the names of the folders are displayed but none of them can be opened so they may all be empty.

When I click on the folders drop down list in the left column, it lists only the gmail and iCloud's accounts.

When I click on the folders icon at the top of a displayed message, it lists all the folders from my iPad2.
So I can move a message to one of my iPad2 folders but can never get back to it because when I try to list the folders, I get wrong list.

Woe and misery! . . . . Patrick

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
All GMail folders should be stored on the Google site. There are no folders to restore from the iPad 2 to the iPad 3, only your account settings.

Try going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars on the iPad 3 and deleting and re-adding your GMail account.

OP
P

patrick28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
All GMail folders should be stored on the Google site. There are no folders to restore from the iPad 2 to the iPad 3, only your account settings.

Try going to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars on the iPad 3 and deleting and re-adding your GMail account.

If I delete my gmail account, my Notes will be deleted. That would be catastrophic! ? ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If I delete my gmail account, my Notes will be deleted. That would be catastrophic! ? ?

You're syncing your Notes with GMail? Then no, they will not be deleted. They will sync back when you add the GMail account back

Your notes (when synced with GMail) are stored in the Notes folder in your GMail account. Go there on the computer and check to see if they are all there. If you are worried, make copies (but do not edit the originals). Or you can use the email feature in Notes to email important notes to yourself, just in case.

Let me add my standard plug for Evernote here. If you haven't looked at it, I recommend you do so.

Most reactions