What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can we print from the ipad???

hansdad1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't get on here often enough. For all of you: I installed Print Central Pro on my iPad. I can print from anywhere back to
my printer at home(2) HP printers. I have 3G and wi-fi so, I can print from anywhere I happen to be. So far, I have had no problems and, I have to say, while setting up and getting to know the program, their tech support (took me about 19 separate emails to get
good at it. It's email, only)was outstanding!
Good luck and let me know how it works if you try it.

iRivers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
markbnh1 said:
It didn't work with my older HP desk jet printer. All I got was garbled print all run together. I deleted it from my PC. :(

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

In iBooks, I downloaded the free iPad2 user guide, a great read. They say to download Printopia on your Mac. I did this and it worked like a dream. It is however $19.95 but well worth it. You can trial is for free for 7 days!
Have stuffed around with unless cheap apps for days.

shawren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad to find someone who can make printopia work I have Macmini running lion occasionally it works go back later printer not found

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do not have a wireless printer. I've tried a couple of printing apps with varying amounts of success and frustration. Based on this thread, I tried Fingerprint. I am very impressed. Now, when I'm in an app and click print, boom, there's my printer, and my document prints perfectly. Couldn't be any more straight forward.

As an added plus, you can add your Dropbox account as a printer. A very fast/easy way to share a document with your pc. This is also a quick way to turn a web page into a PDF.

Fingerprint installs on your pc/Mac. There's nothing to install on the iPad. It comes with a full featured 6 day demo.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Mattmilw said:
... Based on this thread, I tried Fingerprint. I am very impressed. Now, when I'm in an app and click print, boom, there's my printer, and my document prints perfectly. Couldn't be any more straight forward.

As an added plus, you can add your Dropbox account as a printer. A very fast/easy way to share a document with your pc. This is also a quick way to turn a web page into a PDF.

Fingerprint installs on your pc/Mac. There's nothing to install on the iPad. It comes with a full featured 6 day demo.

Hi Matt... - glad that Fingerprint has worked out for you: I've been using it for about 6 months and has performed flawlessly - :)

Most reactions