What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the New iPad work on 4G LTE on 2400 MHz ?

vish26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in a area /country where 4G LTE operates on 2400 MHz. When I went through the specs on the Apple site the new iPad has a chip which operates on 700 MHz or 2100 MHz for 4G LTE. My question is will the New iPad work on 4G in my area which operates on 2400 MHz ?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No,unfortunately,the new iPad only has 4G compatibility with systems using 700MHz or 2100MHz.The 4G feature does not work,and cannot be made to work,on any other frequencies.You will have to wait until Apple releases a version of the new iPad compatible with the 2400MHz frequency.It is,however,fully capable of working on 3G networks.

Last edited:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The next iPad should work on more frequencies, but which ones are not known yet. Part of the problem is inconsistency among the nations who are just now beginning to implement 4G service.

joeka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
However if your mobile operator utilizes HSPA+, then you would be effectively at 3.5G speeds...which are not too shabby if you ask me. :)

L

Lunar

However if your mobile operator utilizes HSPA+, then you would be effectively at 3.5G speeds...which are not too shabby if you ask me. :)

T-Mobile/Orange are hoping to start their 3.5G sevice in the UK in September and are claiming a 50% improvement over standard 3G. It's currently undergoing tests in the Bristol area.

joeka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes 50% improvement sounds about right.
I'm based in Singapore and the 3.5G speed increase on StarHub is roughly that compared to the 3G speeds I experienced on my former iPad 2.
Any and all speed bumps are welcome of course! :thumbs:

awboxster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interestingly, When I use my 3 sim in my new iPad I get much higher download speeds compared to my wife's ipad2....would this be due to the new wireless chip?

Cheers

Most reactions