What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can not copy Photos from Ipad to Iphone

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MY Ipad and Iphone are both Jailbroken and have pc networking installed. Using Openssh from my pc, I appeared to delete photos from the Iphone photo directory:

filesystem\var\mobile\Media\DCIM\100APPLE

ssh and explorer view did not show any pictures, but the iphone photo app still showed the camera roll album with the same pictures. I know what I tried to delete were the same photos as I viewed them on my pc. I then copied over 2 pictures from my Ipad photos directory:

filesystem\var\mobile\Media\DCIM\100APPLE - to the iphone photo directory

I see them in windows, but the Iphone pictures app still only shows the original pictures.

I am a pretty clever guy, but apple is doing something I can't figure out what is going on here.

WFT is going on here?!

OP
D

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can I get a prize for answering my own post?

GOT it!!

Found the instructions here, although I had to find files in a different directory:

http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iphone-chat/409261-how-transfer-photos-pc-iphones-camera-roll.htmlhttp://modmyi.com/forums/general-iphone-chat/409261-how-transfer-photos-pc-iphones-camera-roll.html

First, navigate to:

\var\mobile\Media\PhotoData

Delete:

Photos.sqlite
Photos.sqlite-shm
Photos.sqlite-wal

Then, navigate to:

\var\mobile\Media\PhotoData\MISC

Delete:

DCIM_APPLE.plist
PreviewWellImage.tiff

Then, reload photos, and all files in filesystem\var\mobile\Media\DCIM\100APPLE are shown in camera roll when next opening photos.

I have hacked and won!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad you worked it out!
Will this do?

image-2290657044.png

OP
D

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is one unresolved issue. Where were the cached pictures stored after I deleted them? They did show in the camera roll until I deleted the other files. I don't need the info now, but would be nice for completion.

tjpearson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I get a prize for answering my own post?

GOT it!!

Found the instructions here, although I had to find files in a different directory:

First, navigate to:

\var\mobile\Media\PhotoData

Delete:

Photos.sqlite
Photos.sqlite-shm
Photos.sqlite-wal

Then, navigate to:

\var\mobile\Media\PhotoData\MISC

Delete:

DCIM_APPLE.plist
PreviewWellImage.tiff

Then, reload photos, and all files in filesystem\var\mobile\Media\DCIM\100APPLE are shown in camera roll when next opening photos.

I have hacked and won!

Thank you so much, I've struggled all day with this problem, why do crapple behave like this, can't they just be happy with massive profits made on the hardware sales.
Following your advice I now have a quick easy procedure to copy pics to my iPad and manage them the way I wanty to and not the way iTunes wants to.

Nice one !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts