What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can my iPad replace a laptop

RobA039

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my iPad for over a year and it does everything I need. I use it for movies, music and gaming so I don't really think that I need a laptop. The only problem that I have is how to upload music forms CDs if I don't have a laptop to do this.

I have had a look on other forums but can't seem to find a solution. I'd there a way that I can use a friends laptop to do this and just get a wireless external harddrive? It seems a bit strange if you have to shell out for a laptop as well as an iPad just to get some CDs into your iTunes library!!

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nearly all music is available from iTunes these days. But if you mean CDs already in your collection, then yes, a PC is required to rip the music to iTunes. A PC. Is good for a back-up if anything goes wrong along the way. Also, iPads have limited storage, so either a PC or wireless drive is required.

Most reactions