What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can music be transferred from iPhone to iPad?

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have music on my iPhone..actual music I ripped. Is there any way to squirt it on over to the iPad?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have music on my iPhone..actual music I ripped. Is there any way to squirt it on over to the iPad?
Hi Padcatt - you really need to provide some more information - first, I'm assuming that your question is whether you can transfer music files on your iPhone directly to your iPad, whether by a cabled or wireless option - don't believe that is possible (but would gladly be educated by others who know of a method). Second, do you have a computer and if so what is the brand, model, and OS - may help to provide helpful responses?

As to the a computer, you can certainly transfer files from an iDevice in both directions; in your case, getting the music onto a computer from the iPhone and then onto your iPad is possible using iTunes and/or Finder depending on your computer and it's operating system. But to suggest an alternate computer consideration, the app iMazing permits an easier way to make these computer <> iDevice transfers of your music files - check the link (there is a free DL but not sure if features might be limited?).

SO, give us some more information, please - BTW, do you have those ripped music files on another device, e.g. an external HD? Dave :)
Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 12.35.36 AM.png

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you. Yes, I am just talking about transferring music from one iDevice to another, without using a Mac or PC as an intermediary or “parent” device. My hunch is that Apple wants us always to use a Mac as home base for Music transfer.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you. Yes, I am just talking about transferring music from one iDevice to another, without using a Mac or PC as an intermediary or “parent” device. My hunch is that Apple wants us always to use a Mac as home base for Music transfer.
Hi again, please tell us whether you even now own an Apple or PC computer - if not, then iMazing would not be an option obviously; also since you state the music files on your iPhone are ripped, do you have them stored elsewhere, such as an external HD?

Now, I own a number of third party devices that might work; the one in particular is shown below, i.e. RavPower FileHub, a versatile multi-purpose 'gizmo', e.g. can setup its own Wi-Fi network, connect to the internet and act as a 'hot spot', save files on a SD card or USB flash drive, provide backup battery power, and more. Unfortunately, seems to be sold-out at their website (link given), but a search of Amazon, B&H Photo, or other electronics website might bring up other brands/models having similar functions, don't know, sorry?

I've not used this much except as a Wi-Fi hot spot in hotels, but just tried to transfer some music from my iPad Pro - first activated the hub's Wi-Fi and connected my iPad, then opened the File Hub iOS app - this allowed me to show the music on my device (pic 2); I then selected an album (Early Klugh) and song for sharing (pic 3); finally the file could be AirDrop to a variety of sites, and assume could work in the other direction, i.e. iPhone > iPad.

Finally, you might just do a search, e.g. 'how to transfer music from iphone to iphone' , e.g. HERE - good luck. Dave :)
Rav1.jpg
Rav2.PNG
Rav3.PNG
Rav4.PNG

Last edited:
OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do have Macs here, yes. The more recent one, an M1 Mini is the iPad’s “home base” Mac.

Thank you for your answers to my question.

Most reactions

Latest posts