What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can ipad 2 facetime an i phone

timmoriarty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have an iPad 2 and have been able to FaceTime other iPad 2's but have not been able to face time an I phone. Any idea how that should work? Thanks!

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the phone has FaceTime it should show up as an option when you use the dialing directory.

What model iPhone is it?

OP
T

timmoriarty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
USBill said:
If the phone has FaceTime it should show up as an option when you use the dialing directory.

What model iPhone is it?

Thanks for the reply. I will check with my daughter. She just got the phone last week before she left for college. I assume it is the latest version.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello & welcome to the forum - :)

I FaceTime w/ our son via our iPads - no problem; have not tried to contact to his iPhone but was curious in case that arises in the near future for us!

The discussion HERE on the Apple Support Communities might provide a solution? I'll have to bookmarked it for myself just in case! Good luck.

OP
T

timmoriarty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Us bill. Thanks again for your reply. I confirmed with my daughter that she has an iPhone 4.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tim - if not yet done & if you are still unable to FaceTime via the iPhone, then checkout the link in my post - good luck!

Most reactions