What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I-watch a facebook video? plus others

Wilso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got my wireless network set up at home - office desktop computer is a PC. That was no problem. I can log onto the network with the iPad. Set up a gmail account for use exclusively with the iPad - no problem. I can open facebook. On my facebook page is a video that I uploaded. I can see the start page of the video, but I have not been able to play it. Is it me or the iPad?

Also, my printer is set up for sharing on the desktop. I can share the printer and files with my netbook pc over my home wireless network. Will I be able to do that with the iPad?

If I can do the file sharing - no problem. So if the file sharing won't work, what will be the best way getting the several hundred photo's I've got on my desktop PC onto the iPad?

Thanks in advance.

PS. After checking out a few of the other Apple products in the shop, I'm considering moving my computing equipment from PC based to Apple - over a couple of years as my stuff breaks down or becomes obsolete.

OP
W

Wilso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mate, I know it may come across as a bit lazy, but I've spent so much time searching google lately. Added to that I'm the 45 year old father of 2 children under the age of 4, and I've been working 12 hour shifts over christmas (I'm on nightshift now), and I've got a back problem that's got me on very strong pain medication - I just don't have the energy for deep thinking right now. I just want to be given the answers without having to think too much, and I apologize for that.

OP
W

Wilso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Further apologies, but that didn't answer my question. Because although it says that Facebook has iPad friendly videos, I didn't get the toolbar with the controls on it. I only bought the thing today (Dec 27th 2010), so it should be up to date software wise. Maybe I'll have to add something?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mate, I know it may come across as a bit lazy, but I've spent so much time searching google lately. Added to that I'm the 45 year old father of 2 children under the age of 4, and I've been working 12 hour shifts over christmas (I'm on nightshift now), and I've got a back problem that's got me on very strong pain medication - I just don't have the energy for deep thinking right now. I just want to be given the answers without having to think too much, and I apologize for that.

No Need to apologize!!

OP
W

Wilso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on the iPad now. I can look at my facebook page, look at photos, see the video start page, but I don't get any controls to start the video. Could it be something missing from the iPad?

Most reactions

Latest posts