What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can i use my iphone sim card in my ipad?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They are both micro sims, can I just pop it out of my iPhone and into my iPad, and be able to use the 3G like normal. (note I can't try it because I don't yet have my 3G iPad) or is some setup/activation needed?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I remember someone else doing this, apparently it did fit but it didn't work. That's all I've got.
Hope you get yours soon. Enjoy!

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Likely you will need to change your data plan with your network. e.g. my (now micro) SIM from my blackberry fits into the iPad and picks up 3G on Orange, but if I try to use data a pop up advises me I need to sign up to a data plan first...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, you can't. If you are lucky, it just won't work. If you are unlucky, your carrier will notice you using an iPhone SIM in the iPad and ask you to stop (at the least). The reverse is also true - the iPad SIM won't work in an iPhone...

The SIMs, and thus the data plans, are not the same and the carriers are very watchful.

Marilyn

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you all for the response, glad you all told me before I tried it.

Most reactions

Latest posts