What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I use a US Sim card on Canadian ipad2

mygsds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad2 is set for my Canadian service provider (Rogers). I share the 3G with my iphone and for that I have a US roaming plan that reduces the amount I pay when in the US. But the sharing does not cover my ipad so I have no 3G at all when I travel.

Someone told me I can buy a sim card from AT&T or Verizon and put it in my ipad when I get to the US and then pay for what I use. Does anyone know how this works and if I can insert a US sim card into my ipad and buy service when I travel. I don't need this for phone just internet use as I have a Tracfone for US use.
Thanks
Pat

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This will work just fine - all US and Canadian iPads are unlocked, so any carrier's SIM will work. Just call into any AT&T outlet and get a SIM, sign up, and you're good to go.

Verizon operate on the CDMA standard that's incompatible with iPads bought outside the US.

Tim

OP
M

mygsds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks I will ask AT and T if they have a plan that is short term

Most reactions

Latest posts