What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I upgrade to the 4.2 iOS and try jailbreak and then if it doesn't work revert?

Macmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am running 3.2.2 jailbroken. I want to go to 4.2 but I want to be able to go back to 3.2 if I can't get it working the way I want. Is there a way I can do that?

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downgrading firmware is never a sure thing. If your blobs are saved you should be able to go back...note I said should..... I wouldn't try unless you are willing to stick with stock 4.2 if you are not happy with the redsnow jb.

RussW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you saying that downgrading the iOS has the potential to make your iPad a brick, or that in some cases it just does not work and you are simply stuck with the newer iOS version?

Does TinyUmbrella work with iTunes 10.1 correctly or did Apple close the door on it?

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will just be stuck with the latest FW. I have never seen a truly "bricked" device the term bricked means the user doesn't know the steps to reload the OS. Not that the device is ruined beyond repair.:D

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As of right now, and the most current version of iTunes, if the SHSH blobs are saved, and by saved I mean on the local iTunes computer too--not just on Saurik's server--there should be no reason not to be able to downgrade. iTunes doesn't even know it is not talking to Apple when you redirect with hosts or tinyumbrella so if it can't be downgrade there is something else going on--not due to the blobs.

I have gone back and forth several times without issue. With both currently signed firmware as well as firmware no longer being signed. The key is the blobs. If they are saved, you are good to go... go back to older version that is.

Michael

Most reactions

Latest posts