What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I show the date in the status line?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately not unless you jail break. I would like to see a new email indicator there too!! Yes, it's annoying that the iPad shows you the day, date and time on the start-up screen and then no more - all that wasted space! Of course, there are any number of calendar apps that can display this information on the Home screen - but, of course, you can't see that information when you're in an app doing something else.

Tim

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just dragged the calendar app onto the taskbar.
I don't actually use the program, but the date is always on view.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But you can't see this when you're in another app - for example, Safari - whereas the menu bar at the top of the screen is always visible - at least in most apps.

Tim

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ah but I clock it when I switch on and my short term memory does the biz iyswim :)

Like most things on the iPad it's a work around, but then I've always hated widgets and their ilk.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah but I clock it when I switch on and my short term memory does the biz iyswim :)

Like most things on the iPad it's a work around, but then I've always hated widgets and their ilk.

I love it! Couldn't stop laughing!

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts