What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I download Itunes content directly to ipad?

jacobbones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I dont have an Ipad yet, am waiting for it.

I was reading that you have to hook your ipad up to your pc and synch it with itunes before use.

So It may be a stupid question but say I wanted to download a song or podcast. Can I download it to my ipad directly or do I need to do it on my computer and synch it to get it onto the ipad?

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
jacobbones said:
So I dont have an Ipad yet, am waiting for it.

I was reading that you have to hook your ipad up to your pc and synch it with itunes before use.

So It may be a stupid question but say I wanted to download a song or podcast. Can I download it to my ipad directly or do I need to do it on my computer and synch it to get it onto the ipad?

not sure about having to hook it upto a pc/mac and iTunes before you can use the iPad, too long ago :p but I wouldn't have thought so, what about those people that don't have a pc or mac.

the iPad has the iTunes app, and you can download directly from that

I just downloaded the doctor who trailer from the iPad iTunes app :) looks good too :D

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad needs to be connected initially to a PC or Mac - no way around this. If you don't have one, any Apple Store will do this for you. Thereafter, there's no need to ever connect your iPad and PC - except that you'll have no backup. For sure music, videos and apps can be downloaded directly to your iPad.

Tim

Reaction score
You can buy any content directly from the iTunes app.

However, you are only allowed to download songs/movies once, so to transfer already purchased content onto another device, syncing with iTunes (desktop) is required.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
You can buy any content directly from the iTunes app.

However, you are only allowed to download songs/movies once, so to transfer already purchased content onto another device, syncing with iTunes (desktop) is required.

aye, but make sure you use the same iTunes account

Most reactions