What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone suggest an iPad 3 case based on my specific needs?

floorlizard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will have my new iPad 3 tomorrow and need to purchase a new case for it. Previously, I had a basic folio-style case for my original iPad. Unfortunately, it did not protect the iPad AT ALL and I ended up dropping it on the same corner on more than one occasion. This caused the on/off button and toggle swith to completely stop working and for the iPd to sporaticly shut off and on. I would like to make sure my iPad 3 stays in perfect condition even if it is dropped. Here are my needs and wants:

NEEDS
Hard-case (at very least hard protection on all corners)
Folio-style with cover that will flip back flat
Built in way to stand iPad horizontally at multiple angles

WANTS
Built in keyboard

Any help, suggestions and links are appreciated

c8rams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I was researching ipad-keyboard cases, this was the one I'd have bought: the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover (can't link to it, b/c this is my first post, but it's easy to find on the interwebs).

It gets great reviews. But I do a lot of writing, and am NOT a fan of the compressed keyboards (and if you're buying an ipad/built-in keyboard case, ALL keyboards are compressed. No way around it). So I got the Touchtype Case, which is perfectly designed for a mac wireless keyboard and ipad -- streamlined, protected, easy access, built-in stand (horiz or vert), and I love it, love it, love it.

Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts