What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone answer these questions regarding the app. store?

seawhale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Why is it very rare to find a review written by users?. Go to any popular application and you may find no ratings at all and may be a couple of reviews if any which is not logic.

2. Why don't I see my rating or reviews published - ever?

3. Why do the last searched app. always stuck in the search field?. Even after the app. store closed and re-opened.

iPad air - iOS 7.1.2

Any feedback?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
1. Whenever an app gets an update, the reviews and ratings start all over. To see more history/reviews, choose the All Versions button.

2. I'm not sure about this. I've heard that it can take a while for a review to appear, and, of course, if you don't own the app you can't review it. Sometimes reviews need to be approved before they are published. I'm not sure what triggers this process, though it's probably a combination of things, including language used.

Apple is trying to cut down on the number of cheaters (paid reviews). So the review process is probably under constant revision.

3. Only Apple can answer that one. They 'probably' have some reason for this default behavior; or not.

You can always send feedback to Apple here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Hold in mind that this forum has no commercial ties to Apple. We're just a bunch of users helping each other.

Elux72

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've noticed the same things happening. Sometimes, a review I've submitted will show soon after, but in a few instances, it never shows. I'm quite positive in the latter case that my review didn't contain anything that would lead to its rejection, so who knows?

The App Store/iTunes search box on my iPads never 'forgets' the last search term, but it does on the iPhone (?).

Quite frankly, I've stopped wondering about these Apple oddities.

Most reactions

Latest posts