What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can a new Ipad Air be unregistered and made new again?

MountianChick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received an I-Pad Air (16) for Christmas . I did register the new I-Pad; however, want to return it for the 32. I am within my return period at Best Buy, but need to clean the registration. Can this be done? I really do want to upgrade. I did not realize that the new unit was a 16. :eek:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I received an I-Pad Air (16) for Christmas . I did register the new I-Pad; however, want to return it for the 32. I am within my return period at Best Buy, but need to clean the registration. Can this be done? I really do want to upgrade. I did not realize that the new unit was a 16. :eek:
You have to go to Settings>iCloud and turn off find my iPhone, then delete your iCloud account. After this you can go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings, this will erase everything on your iPad and leave it in the same condition it was in when you first opened the box.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank You! A lot simpler than I thought it would be.
You will also be asked for your ID and password before turning off find my iPhone and again before erasing your iPad. This is part of the new security features in iOS 7, designed to prevent a thief from erasing and re activating a stolen iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts