What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can 2nd-gen iPad Pro “beam” it’s video to a large-screen TV via bluetooth?

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone know if this is a thing this iPad can do?

Thank you!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No iPads can send video via Bluetooth. It isn’t fast enough. It can send video over a wi-fi network, but needs the right equipment on the receiving end. The least hassle is to use the Apple TV. I’ve heard that Amazon’s video streaming device (can’t remember the name) has apps that can pair with an iPad for streaming. The discussion suggested they might not be reliable.

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good to know...I think I’ll back-burner the idea until it can be done faster...I assume that lots of ppl want to do this.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Apple TV can receive video from iPads/iPhones directly without having to be on a network. Still uses wi-fi, not bluetooth. Just doesn’t need to join a network.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've been sending video and images from iPad to TV for years, through my Apple TV. Usually, though, I watch PBS, YouTube, Netflix, etc., on the apps built into the Apple TV.

BikeFlagAZ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good to know...I think I’ll back-burner the idea until it can be done faster...I assume that lots of ppl want to do this.

Lots of people are already doing it, but not with Bluetooth. It is simply not up to the task.
Just buy an Apple TV or Roku and you done.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Btw, just as an add on to the above, there is an app ApowerMirror allowing you to mirror from say an iPhone across to an iPad and then as above by HDMI cable to the TV.

Most reactions