What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera

saran17in

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is iPad 2... Front camera is better than back camera......friends... Anybody explain... I feel my iPad back camera is very less quality than my iphone 4... How much mega pixel.? Of camera is this?

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Back camera: Video recording, HD (720p) up to 30 frames per second with audio; still camera with 5x digital zoom
Front camera: Video recording, VGA up to 30 frames per second with audio; VGA-quality still camera
Tap to control exposure for video or stills
Photo and video geotagging over Wi-Fi
(from the Apple iPad tech specs page)

MPH55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody know what (HD720p) equates to in megapixels ?

OP
S

saran17in

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He 720 means... Video taking capacity.... And still photography is measured in pixels... I believe this iPad is 5megaixels... But it is not that much good as my iphone....

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is an oft asked question and a simple search would likely provide plenty of information - the iPad's cameras stink! They are useful for video conferencing and for low to decent quality video.

The front camera has a resolution of about .3 MP useful for video chatting only; the back camera has a higher resolution but is still under 1 MP - still images are possible but disappointing; now there is a thread on 'showing your images' and some decent pics are illustrated especially if the light is good.

Bottom line - if you want decent 'still images' take your digital camera along; the multi-MP current iPhones are a vast improvement - :)

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Giradman is right on. However if no other option I use Camera Boost.

ipaddeveloper888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Neither camera is that great compared even to your cell phone. But, for video chat its not bad. I use an app called Top Camera for taking pictures (when I do take pics). I often transform a picture into artwork by tracing over the lines and filling in colors. For that, the ipad camera is just about right and very convenient.

Most reactions

Latest posts