What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera roll memory?

Pnolis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Ipad 2 with 64 GB with only about 400 pictures and a few short videos in my camera roll but it shows 36 GB of my memory used.
Can Someone please tell me how that can be the case? I am trying to upload some other videos and am not able to due
to lack of storage space. Thank You

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also, what else is on your device? Apps take memory too. Games can eat up a lot of memory.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Ipad 2 with 64 GB with only about 400 pictures and a few short videos in my camera roll but it shows 36 GB of my memory used.
Can Someone please tell me how that can be the case? I am trying to upload some other videos and am not able to due
to lack of storage space. Thank You

Hi Pnolis, go to Settings > Usage > Show all Apps (at the bottom of Storage List) then scroll down and see what is gobbling up your memory. Then you can decide what should go, be synced, or stay.......okay?8)

OP
P

Pnolis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Roy, the camera roll itself utilizes 38 gigs by itself. The other apps are all very nominal in comparison. I don't understand why with only a few hundred pics and a few short vid clips eat up so much storage space? Thanks

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Roy, the camera roll itself utilizes 38 gigs by itself. The other apps are all very nominal in comparison. I don't understand why with only a few hundred pics and a few short vid clips eat up so much storage space? Thanks

Wow! Are the pictures taken by your iPad ? This is my usage after two years.....

image-3340456057.jpg

I have about 120 odd pictures on my iPad all the others are on my Box app. (Cloud storage) I am at a loss to know why they are using so much memory. Do you have another computer that will tell you a file size if you upload one of your photos to it?

OP
P

Pnolis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Under usage, storage,camera and storage,camera roll = 38 GB. I only have a few hundred pics and a few short vids on camera roll so I can't understand why I am sacrificing so much of my storage space there?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you go to the AppStore and download this app, it will tell you how much memory each photo uses, along with lost of other data.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/photosexif/id427157697?mt=8

Hi there sci, I knew someone with more experience would jump in. I remember a similar post from about a year ago but have not been able to turn it up using the search engine, I remember it was something silly causing the problem but can't recall what it was. 8)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A video file can get very large if you let it run long enough when recording. So, even a relatively small number could eat up a lot of space. Check those to see if they are either very long and large.

Most reactions

Latest posts