What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Connection Kit??

Cathart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will my camera connection kit that I bought for my iPad 1 work with the iPad 3?

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, though I have not tried it - I am pretty sure that apple has not produced a different camera connection kit. I got one with the new iPad and it does not say anything about which generation it is for.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple sent me a free one in the mail the other day since my new iPad arrived damaged and I tried it a few minutes ago with an SD card full of photos and it recognized the kit but said there were no photos to import. I put some photos in the root directory as well as the DCIM directory but to no avail. I also shut down and restarted. The kit worked fine on the iPad 2 that I sold to a friend yesterday.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickeylittle, I would try it with a different SD card - or a different iPad3 to eliminate the possibility that your iPad is having a problem or the SD card has something wrong with it, or the connection kit is borked.
I had no problem connecting the one I got to the iPad3.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just used mine to plug in a 16GB SD card from one of my cameras. It does pop up with a list of photos to import. So, I would say it works just fine!

Last edited:

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I used used mine to plug in a 16GB SD card from one of my cameras. It does pop up with a list of photos to import. So, I would say it works just fine!

Yep used mine several times (I use the iPad as a first pass delete of RAW files before importing into Lightroom), both sd card and my created in the dark ages belkin card reader for my cf cards.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks guys, it's obviously just me! I'll figure it out sometime on down the road. If it works on my wife's unit I'm sure not sending my new iPad in just because this doesn't work!

Like I said it worked on an iPad 2 yesterday so when she gets home I'll try it on hers and I really hope it doesn't work on hers.:eek:

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cathart said:
Will my camera connection kit that I bought for my iPad 1 work with the iPad 3?

It works perfectly fine, I have it for my iPad 3 and I use it to import videos recorded with my iPhone 4s and then I edit them on my iPad and it imports the videos and photos pretty quick :)

Most reactions

Latest posts