What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera connection kit without jailbreak

philipppo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, i'm lost in guesses, so please can you tell me: i dont have jialbreak on my ipad. but can i copy different files, for example videos (mp4 for ex) photos to my memory card and then, using camera connection kit and ifiles or other apps of the same kind, watch films, videos and photos from my memory card, because 32gb is not enough for me for some reasons. i dont even speak about establishing usb connection with usb flash.. connection kit was made so i could watch photos and videos directly from my camera so why can't i just copy videos from my pc to memory stick and watch it on the ipad, right?

iain1970

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but the rant style of the OP is making the problenm experienced difficult to interpret.

Is the question "how do I watch video from a USB device on my iPad through the camera connection kit?"

OP
P

philipppo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, the question is can I watch video from a memory card device on my iPad through the camera connection kit. i know that there were many rumors that it's very difficult to connect a usb device to ipad

photocat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try using a usb powered hub. Connect the device to the hub and then the other end to the camera connect. That worked for me, at least with a card reader.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would try another way. Just drag them into GoodReader in iTunes (or using GoodReaderUSB)

I hardly ever sync movies any more - especially ones that I only want to watch once (TV, Sports, etc.)

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would try another way. Just drag them into GoodReader in iTunes (or using GoodReaderUSB)

I hardly ever sync movies any more - especially ones that I only want to watch once (TV, Sports, etc.)

AVOID GOODREADER.

Too many reports of it causing problems with the iPad.

With the new-ish 4.2.1 I doubt that it will have the power for a constant transfer.

Most reactions

Latest posts