What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera connection kit, not working correct?

brahcy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, Got a problem with my iPad (16GB, 3G/WiFi) and the accessory camera connection kit. I've plugged it into my iPad, connected the USB-cable between the camera (5D MkII) and started them both:

Nothing happens.
From the start I thought the problem was that I had more than 1500 pictures on the camera, that it would take longer for it to come up/load. Nothing happened at all though, I tried to remove the cable, restart both units and so on. All of a sudden I see that all pictures is coming up on the iPad, but in the same second I removed the cable because I didn't believe it worked. When I tried again nothing happens.
Then I removed all pictures but ONE - but I still have the same problem.

Is something broke or what?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like it.
Transferred some this afternoon and it's fairly slow with largish files. Obviously needs to convert them as well as import which may be the problem.

Best thing to do when these sort of things happen is switch everything off and walk away for five minutes before trying again.

Normally when you start you see the dotted outline of images , which then slowly fill up with thumbnails. You can then choose the ones to transfer by tapping on them.
They'll show up in their own folder titled Last Import.

OP
B

brahcy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, the time it worked thats exactly what happened. "Pictures" popped up immidiately and showed the dotted outline of all images, but as said I accidentally removed the cable before they were loaded completely.

Now I even cant get the dotted outline to come up, I'm gonna try to turn everything off for a while though!

sunshiny1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a problem with mine too - I used to just put my card in the carder reader and plug it in and everything used to be just fine. Would take a while to load since I take so many pictures but they eventually would..two days ago I plug it in and NOTHING happens, nothing has been changed on my computer, the card nor the camera. It's like my iPad is not recognizing the camera connector reader. So frustrating..

Most reactions

Latest posts