What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Connection kit doesnt work at all on Ipad 1

OP
No1zeppelinfan

No1zeppelinfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hiya all, Did a hard restart and it did recognise the card reader/adaptor but wouldnt show anything that was on it. I put just 1 x .jpg and 1 x .bmp to test it but still couldn't see them. I'll try again in a moment and do another hard restart and leave it for a while to see if it finds the 2 photos. Failing that I'll download ifile and try that. Thanks all

So, is your iPad jail broken? I thought you could only use iFile on JB iPads?

Tim
Scotland

Mines not JB. Is it not the ifile in itunes then?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is confusion - there is an 'iFiles' in the UK App Store - but it's not *the* iFiles, which as you correctly say is only available from Cydia....

The one in the App Store wouldn't be able to store arbitrary files on the SD Card using the camera connection kit...

Tim
Scotland

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is something else to consider: The filenames. They have to follow the scheme they are saved on a camera, l.e. IMG1094.jpg, or the iPad may just refuse to recognize the picture, because Apple only wants you to read images taken with a camera.

FWIW, I use Picasa to organise photos on my PC, and it renames all of them from DSC-blahblah to its own format. They still upload OK on to my iPad.

OP
No1zeppelinfan

No1zeppelinfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Na nothing. Did another hard restart and put in the reader with a memory card with a few images and re-titled them img001, img002 etc. Not a thing has come up. Doesnt see it at all.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The "Real" Ifiles is only avail. Thru being Jailbroken and getting it from Cydia store. Ifiles from app store is a b.s. Wannabe ..lol. IFiles is a great tool to have.

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

Reaction score
You mentioned previously, that you use an 8GB SDHC card, have you tried a smaller SD card?

If it is not an incompatibility with your SDHC card, even though there shouldn't be, then an appointment at the Genius Bar seems to be a good way to proceed, as I am running out of ideas of what this could be caused by.

OP
No1zeppelinfan

No1zeppelinfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You mentioned previously, that you use an 8GB SDHC card, have you tried a smaller SD card?

If it is not an incompatibility with your SDHC card, even though there shouldn't be, then an appointment at the Genius Bar seems to be a good way to proceed, as I am running out of ideas of what this could be caused by.

I tried a standard 2GB SD card but no good. WHats the "Genius bar"?

Reaction score
A fancy term for the Apple Store service area.

If it doesn't work, then going to an Apple Store is indeed the best option, so they can figure out what is wrong.

Just out of curiosity, have you put the SD card in a camera, shot a few pictures and then connected the SD card with the iPad, or have you only put images manually on the SD card?

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Title of this thread very misleading because camera connection kit on my iPad works perfect on iOS 4.2.1!

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

Most reactions

Latest posts