What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Connection Kit: Can't Get The iPad3 To Read Anything On The SDHC Card ?

Robert11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Bought the camera Connection Kit (for $ 30) for my new iPad3 but just cannot get it to recognize anything on the SDHC card I have plugged in.

The card has still photos and some video on it.

At first I thought that it was because the card was a Class 10, so I re-did everything on it to another Class 4 Card.
Still won't see anything on it.

Get a message that comes up: Nothing to Import, so I guess it does see the Card itself, but not what is on it.

Initially had everything in 2 Folders in the Card. Re-did that also so that the photos and video were no longer in Folders, but still nothing.

Did press the Photo APP icon, and tried everything on it, but still nothing.

Any thoughts as to what might be wrong, or what I am doing, or not doing (most likely) would be most appreciated.

Totally out of ideas as to what to try next. Sure it's probably something I am doing incorrectly, as usual, or the photos and videos are somewhere else on the ipod, or... ? Something not "Configured" correctly ?

Thanks,
Bob

OP
R

Robert11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From OP: Two Clarifications, Please

Hi,

Thanks so much for information. Really appreciated, and nice of you to take the time
Very anxious to try it out.
Obviously, I never would have figured this out by myself.
Shouldn't Apple have all of this mentioned and documented somewhere, like at least in the Camera Connection Kit ?

a. Besides the overall Folder for the Photos with everything in it being re-named DCIM, are "any" names for the sub-level Folders in it O.K. ?

b. One other clarification, please regarding the re-naming of the Video:

Is taking the video I have in whatever format I initially shot it in, and simply re-naming it, and
adding an .mov extension enough ? Or, do they have to be actually converted to the e.g., .mov format ?

Again, thank you very much,
Bob

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure about your first question. As for the second, you have to covert the files, changing the extension will not make them work I'm afraid.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Robert11 said:
a. Besides the overall Folder for the Photos with everything in it being re-named DCIM, are "any" names for the sub-level Folders in it O.K. ?

I would not have sub-folders. The idea is to mimic the default layout of an SD card when used in a digital camera, hence the DCIM folder. Have all JPG files in the one folder.

This is also the reason there is no documentation with the CCK, it should just work as you pull your SD card out of your camera and out it in the CCK.

el guapo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All JPGs are in a DCIM folder - still says no photos to import

Any suggestions?

Chantelle310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a similar problem to this regarding an SD card and video playback. So hope you don't mind me posting in here too. I have some videos saved to my SD card which I would like to play when I'm away from any Internet connection.when I select the file to play as choose the option video player it does not load and play. I just get an error pop up. Any body have a suggestion as to what I've done wrong as Im a complete noob with this kinda thing. I've put some screen shots below too if they help explain better

5acd236f-25c1-f19a.jpg
5acd236f-25cf-f323.jpg
5acd236f-25dc-ee2c.jpg

Sent from my White iPad 3rd Gen. 32gb using Tapatalk

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Looks like you need to use the character file name convention as suggested. I think this means no spaces in filenames, too. Also, I cannot be sure, but are these files stored in a folder called DCIM? If not, they need to be.

Of course, you are JBed, so who knows. Rules might be very different. But this thread is about doing this with the CCK, so these rules may not apply to your situation, Chantelle. Best.

Most reactions