What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar items disappearning

abijsmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new on here but am very glad to be part of this community! My friend has just bought a brand new 64 gig ipad - his first - and has transferred all his anniversary dates into his ipad. Took him ages. But they have now all disappeared! He has tried everything... His calendars are all ticked on, iCloud also has no data in it! He's restarted! No joy. Has anyone else had this problem?

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Might sound strange, but is he looking at past birthday events? Because there is a setting to tell it how long ago to sync, all, 6 months, 3 months, 1 month and 2 weeks ago

OP
A

abijsmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi - yes, we'd thought of that, and he assures me that the dates he's used are in the future... I can normally work out what the issues are on these things, but this one has left me stumped!

shadow4845

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi - yes, we'd thought of that, and he assures me that the dates he's used are in the future... I can normally work out what the issues are on these things, but this one has left me stumped!

The same thing is happening to me. I posted new events in the Calendar app on my Ipad Air and it doesn't allow the "Done" screen to accept and save the event. I put all the appropriate info for the event, the but the app's screen stays the same (Cancel New Event Add). I imputed this many times and wouldn't take. Seems like the Done or save functions have some bugs.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The same thing is happening to me. I posted new events in the Calendar app on my Ipad Air and it doesn't allow the "Done" screen to accept and save the event. I put all the appropriate info for the event, the but the app's screen stays the same (Cancel New Event Add). I imputed this many times and wouldn't take. Seems like the Done or save functions have some bugs.
Did you also enter a location? As soon as I enter that information, I'm able to add an event.

shadow4845

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you also enter a location? As soon as I enter that information, I'm able to add an event.
Yes I absolutely put all of the information which included the location. As a matter fact I completely entered the data seven times and wasn't able to get the done or save icon at the top.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I absolutely put all of the information which included the location. As a matter fact I completely entered the data seven times and wasn't able to get the done or save icon at the top.
Maybe resetting your iPad will help. This won't remove any information. To reset, press and hold Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo. Let go of both. The iPad will power up on it's own.

Try again to add an event.

shadow4845

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe resetting your iPad will help. This won't remove any information. To reset, press and hold Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo. Let go of both. The iPad will power up on it's own.

Try again to add an event.
Thanks I may have to try that.

Thanks again,

shadow4845

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks I may have to try that.

Thanks again,
I reset my IPad and was able to retrieve my calendar events. I had mutipile events in the calendar. I then deleted additional ones and was able to save it. I was also then able to enter new events and save them.
I had several linked to mine which may have caused this.
Thanks again and have great weekend.

Most reactions

Latest posts