What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar app on ipad only...can i back it up?

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As I am using my ipad2 more and more and integrating it in to my life more than I ever thought I would, i'm adding more and more to the calendar. I don't have a smart phone to sync it with, or a calendar on my pc. If something happened to my ipad, would I be able to restore the calendar info through iTunes? I think I remember reading it is one of the things that doesn't back up. Have I got that right? If so, how do I back up all those dates i've added?

Also, I read that there is a Work calendar on the iPad, but I only have Calendar and Birthdays. Is there a way to add extra calendars?

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Informant HD, which has a great backup system. Not only does it sit 'on top of' the iPad calendar, but you can email a backup to yourself and recover from that. I've done it once, so I know it works just fine...

Tim

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
I would create a gmail account and sync your iPad via exchange with it. This would allow you to have access to your calendar anywhere you have a Internet connection then, whether you have your iPad or not. Any changes you make are reflected in the iPad.

Alternatively wait for iOS 5 where calendar syncing to the cloud is automatic, I think.

Most reactions