What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar alert, unlock, new mail, sent mail sounds not working

betweenthesedays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Up until last night all of the above sounds were working just fine. Now they're not. If I go into the settings area under sounds all of them are switched on. I can play songs through the iPod function just fine as well as watch movies on Netflix with no problem. I have tried switching them off and back on but no dice. I *really* need the sound on my calendar alerts to work, suggestions?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have the Mute function enabled. This can either be set by the switch under the volume control or by a 'soft' button in the multi-task bar. To get to the soft switch, double-tap the Home key to open the multi-task bar then flick the multi-task bar right. You'll see the soft switch at the far left of the multi-task bar. The hard switch by the volume control and this soft switch can have their functions swapped; one is the Mute switch the other is the orientation lock. Which function is assigned to which switch can be established in 'Settings'

Tim

Julieeks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. My mute button is definitely not on and I have the same problem....

Most reactions

Latest posts