What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calander

Larryfgraver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IS anyone else have a problem with apples Calendar program on the Ipad1 with iOS5. The program can't remember which calendar to display. I always have to select the calendar to show. I went into settings and set my default calendar but it will not hold.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that. The Calendar App on my iPad has been working fine and I haven't seen other posts about any issues with it. IIRC if you have it set to sync with iCloud all of your calendars need to be set the same so I'd check that.

Otherwise if an app gets temperamental there are a couple of things you can do. First is to simply quit the app and reopen it. If that does't work you can try turning your iPad off and on again and if it's still not working, try resetting your iPad. The last measure is to delete and reinstall the app (but with the iPad Calendar App being native, that's not possible). Here's what I'd recommend in this order...

Quit Apps: To quit an app double press the Home button and the Multitasking Tray will appear at the bottom of the screen revealing all of the open apps. Tap and hold any app icon until all of the icons start jiggling. A red circle with a "-" (minus sign) will appear in the upper left-hand corner of each icon. Tap the red circle and the app will close.

Restart the iPad: Press and hold down the Sleep/wake switch on the top edge of the iPad for few seconds until the red slider appears, slide this across to shut the iPad down. Restart the iPad by pressing the Sleep/wake switch until the Apple logo appears.

Reset the iPad: You can do this by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/wake switch on the top the iPad's case and holding them down together for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. The iPad should then reset itself. The boot up process takes a few minutes and then the iPad should be responsive again. More here:

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Miata GT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem as the OP ever since my upgrade to ios5. I have removed connection to iCloud with no change. Yesterday I did a factory reload and restore and while that helped with the letency issues I was having it unfortunately did not solve the issue with my calendar. I only have the one calendar on my device, outside of the birthday list of course.

w1ngman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FWIW my calendar has begun acting wonky since iOS5 as well (on my iPad2). Different than OP's issue, but still worth noting as my Calendar was rock-solid until the upgrade. For me, one of two current issues is that when I first open the calendar, while it opens to the correct month...that month is entirely blank of meetings/appointments. The dates/days are there, just nothing I've scheduled. Now here's the thing...all I have to do is shift to a month before or after (which have their appts just fine) and as soon as i return to the current month, all my meetings/appts now display. The other issue I'm experiencing is that setting up meetings/appts get flaky now and typically 'poof' (disappear) before I am able to complete the Save. Quite annoying.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FWIW my calendar has begun acting wonky since iOS5 as well (on my iPad2). Different than OP's issue, but still worth noting as my Calendar was rock-solid until the upgrade. For me, one of two current issues is that when I first open the calendar, while it opens to the correct month...that month is entirely blank of meetings/appointments. The dates/days are there, just nothing I've scheduled. Now here's the thing...all I have to do is shift to a month before or after (which have their appts just fine) and as soon as i return to the current month, all my meetings/appts now display. The other issue I'm experiencing is that setting up meetings/appts get flaky now and typically 'poof' (disappear) before I am able to complete the Save. Quite annoying.
I saw the same thing...calendar not showing anything until I did something, switched view, changed months, etc. After I reset (not restarted) my iPad everything was okay so you might give that a try...

Reset the iPad: You can do this by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/wake switch on the top the iPad's case and holding them down together for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. The iPad should then reset itself. The boot up process takes a few minutes and then the iPad should be responsive again. More here:

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

alexm1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the same issue. Appears to be lack of memory. If I open the calendar and the first page is empty of entries I close it again, double click the home button and clear all apps, reopen the calendar and the missing entries are there.

robster2644

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having no problems at all, Callander seems solid and working great. Sorry to here about all the problems your having, I think ios needs a massive update, lots of small problems.

badgersb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hay guys I have the iPad 2 and when I look at my Callander , on a month page .... I have no x on the bottom rite and no calanders or invitations in the top left corner..?????? I have tryed to reset the iPad and nothing has worked .
SO ... In other words I cannot add anything to my calander as I don't have these buttons..... HELP........

JOHN

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hay guys I have the iPad 2 and when I look at my Callander , on a month page .... I have no x on the bottom rite and no calanders or invitations in the top left corner..?????? I have tryed to reset the iPad and nothing has worked .
SO ... In other words I cannot add anything to my calander as I don't have these buttons..... HELP........

JOHN
Have you set up your iCloud account? Here's a post from last month discussing that...

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/51043-cannot-add-calendar-contacts.html#post349857

badgersb

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same issue. Appears to be lack of memory. If I open the calendar and the first page is empty of entries I close it again, double click the home button and clear all apps, reopen the calendar and the missing entries are there.

This happens with my synched calendars every once in a while -- a blank calendar page when I open. When that happens, I've just toggled Show All Calendars off and on again on the app dropdown menu, and it kicks the calendar back on with all my appointments. Otherwise, all my calendars remain synched across two iPads and an iPhone without problem.

alexm1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
This happens with my synched calendars every once in a while -- a blank calendar page when I open. When that happens, I've just toggled Show All Calendars off and on again on the app dropdown menu, and it kicks the calendar back on with all my appointments. Otherwise, all my calendars remain synched across two iPads and an iPhone without problem.

Thanks. Seems easy to fix so not a big issue, I guess it will be picked up in a future update.

swift

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problems since upgrading to 5.01. My problem is my calendar no longer sync's with yahoo. Before, I could enter data on IPad (IPad 1) or yahoo and data appeared on the other in a few minutes. I use windows XP which does not support ICloud. I have tried switching iCloud off but still no good and carried out suggestions in the thread. Any there ideas please.

Most reactions

Latest posts