What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying the "New iPad"?

Would you buy the "New iPad"?

• Total voters

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the new iPad last week. The main reason for my upgrade was because I had the iPad 1. I bought that just before the iPad 2 came out and it's still a great bit of kit but the main issue the evolving Ecosystem. iOS eventually won't support as much stuff on the original iPad and some of the apps that i own have updated to support iPad 2/3 but not the 1.

I love the new display and on first glance it's hard to tell what the fuss is about. It's only when you use the new iPad for a week and then pick up the iPad 1 you see the difference. I actually noticed the pixels on my original iPad lol. I've now sold it :)

Sent from my iPad 3

iPhoNettie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup, I upgraded to the New iPad. I've had the iPad 1, the iPad 2 and now the 3. Hubby has an ipad 2 as well. I Sold my ipad 1 for $500, my 2 for $575. I'll probably upgrade when he next gen comes around and sell my 3. It's not vanity, I'm just a gadget geek. There's definitely a big difference in the display. I've compared my new iPad with my hubby's 2 and it feels like my eyes are fuzzy. Lol. The camera is a lot nicer and the processor makes things zippier. I love it and don't regret the upgrade one bit.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I won't. Mainly because my iPad 2 works perfectly so I could t justify upgrading. Also, I definitely couldn't afford one.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

lukepast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still use my iPad 1 as Jones_jt says, it wasn't a big enough jump from 1 to 2. Still not sure about getting the new iPad -- I was pretty sure but then the salesman in PC World said the video wasn't good if you were panning a lot... He siad it can be a bit jumpy. I asked to see what it's like in an Apple store and it looked OK to me when the sales adviser did a short video clip on a new iPad -- I tghink I'm going to wait and think about it until I've had the iPad for 2 years which is about a month's time...

Most reactions

Latest posts