What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buying the "New iPad"?

Would you buy the "New iPad"?

• Total voters

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
d1am0nds said:
I will not buy the new Ipad

I think i'll wait for the next gen.

I know, I just got mine, it was a gift not even a year old.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jason85 said:
I got the iPad 3 on release day. I am sadly not impressed by it. The retina display improvement over the old screen is not as cool as I thought it would be. I also did not notice an improvement in processor speed. But all I use it for is netflix, angry birds and surfing.

The leap from iPad 1 to iPad 2 was amazing. The jump from iPad 2 to iPad 3 is more like a step for me.

Agree completely !

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
I know, I just got mine, it was a gift not even a year old.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

I swore I wasn't going to either, but when release day came I scooped one up. I gave my husband my 2, set of regretting it now.

Jason85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Really, you are the first person I have heard that is disappointed with it. Did you sell / give away your 2?

Yes. I waited for the release of iPad 2 from the 1 because I knew it would be better. I got the 3 because of the retina display but sadly am not too impressed by it. I see a very slight difference but that's about it. The voice dictation is pretty decent though. Much more accurate than google/androids software. Battery life is pretty much the same as iPad 2's. Probably due to the retina display. The Heavier weight is noticeable to me but doesn't bother me at all. Yes. I do have sensitive hands to weight. I do not notice the increase of thickness. The appearance of 2 and 3 are identical. As we have all read about.

I lined up for about two minutes to get into the apple store. It was about 5 pm. The white ones were nearly sold out. I always get the black 16 gb with wifi only. If I need Internet, I tether it to my phone which has unlimited 4g.

I will keep my 2 for 100% office use and my 3 to replace my office laptop almost exclusively. The VPN for apple is much better than the android phone I use.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
applechick said:
I swore I wasn't going to either, but when release day came I scooped one up. I gave my husband my 2, set of regretting it now.

Well, at least both of you have a pad now so not a total waste!!

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jason85 said:
I got the iPad 3 on release day. I am sadly not impressed by it. The retina display improvement over the old screen is not as cool as I thought it would be. I also did not notice an improvement in processor speed. But all I use it for is netflix, angry birds and surfing.

The leap from iPad 1 to iPad 2 was amazing. The jump from iPad 2 to iPad 3 is more like a step for me.

I agree. I went from iPad 1 to new iPad, amazing difference. My daughter had iPad 2, not so big a deal.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jason85 said:
Yes. I waited for the release of iPad 2 from the 1 because I knew it would be better. I got the 3 because of the retina display but sadly am not too impressed by it. I see a very slight difference but that's about it. The voice dictation is pretty decent though. Much more accurate than google/androids software. Battery life is pretty much the same as iPad 2's. Probably due to the retina display. The Heavier weight is noticeable to me but doesn't bother me at all. Yes. I do have sensitive hands to weight. I do not notice the increase of thickness. The appearance of 2 and 3 are identical. As we have all read about.

I lined up for about two minutes to get into the apple store. It was about 5 pm. The white ones were nearly sold out. I always get the black 16 gb with wifi only. If I need Internet, I tether it to my phone which has unlimited 4g.

I will keep my 2 for 100% office use and my 3 to replace my office laptop almost exclusively. The VPN for apple is much better than the android phone I use.

Oh well, when 4 come out next week you won't need to upgrade :D.

Layth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would love to have one but I'm more than fine sticking with my "old" iPad 2 lol

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Upgrade from ipad1.

Showed restraint when ipad2 came out. It's low quality camera helped greatly in my decision to hold off.

The ipad3 camera is exponentially better than ipad2 and I am enjoying the jump in processing speeds as apps like The Daily are much more responsive and load times on other apps are down substantially.

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Midranger4 said:
Upgrade from ipad1.

Showed restraint when ipad2 came out. It's low quality camera helped greatly in my decision to hold off.

The ipad3 camera is exponentially better than ipad2 and I am enjoying the jump in processing speeds as apps like The Daily are much more responsive and load times on other apps are down substantially.

I felt the same. Finally unbowed my new baby today and loving it. The jump from 1 to 3 is amazing! Very very happy with the upgrade!!

OP
Destroyer

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Off course is a no brainer go from iPad 1 to "New iPad" but the ones with 2 it would be vanity only in my opinion. But if you got one enjoy it because to 2 or 3 whatever still an awesome device..!!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally feel the camera upgrade jumps out much more than the retina display does when comparing ipad2 with iPad.

The camera upgrade makes the retina display that much more appealing.

I really was deeply disappointed in the ipad2 camera. I admit however I've not seen it in action with IOS5 that I have heard helps somewhat.

The hd video and still shots the iPad produces are beautiful and rival my stand alone camcorder. That's impressive and I think Apple should have emphasized this feature upgrade as much as they did the retina display.

raveneap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Already did - bought one, week later bought the second one (wife says I don't play well with others! so she's got her own.) :)

jinglu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah! and then i can enjoy my favourate dvds on my iPad wherever i was

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions