What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

buy now or wait

johjohjus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am interested in the ipad. what interests me most is the size, i like the bigger screen. Im concerned that if i buy now ill wish i had waited until ipad 2 comes out. I really dont care that much for cameras. I would like a usb adaptor. Im just concerned that I wont be happy with a 7 inch screen. Any info that the 9.7 inch screen will be redesigned?

Ipad Designer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems like a good idea

The redesign seems like it will be better; still waiting to be able to afford it though

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum... from Wentzville!

As far as the size, it has already been established that Apple is NOT going to be making an iPad with a 7" screen.

As far as the other features and release date, there is only one person who knows the answers to these questions and he's not talking!

steve-jobs-eyebrows.jpg

If you want one now, get one now!

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you have a camera on your laptop? Do you use it?

If not, get iPad now, no main changes are taking place in regards to iPad 2, screen size may be smaller, I've seen some reports that the screen won't be 9.7 inch, and regarding what Steve jobs said, it could be regarded just the same as when he said the iPod will never play videos...

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The big question is what do you want. You would have to wait a few months to get one. If there is nothing that is really attractive about the new ones, you can wait and get this years model at a discount. I am always being asked how I like my iPad, and every time, there is something new to like about it. I make no claims about it being perfect, but it is darn handy. It also has the potential to continue to amaze.

An article I read today, said that 7% of businesses have already adopted the iPad, and a lot more are planning to. According to the survey, by next year 14% will use iPads. Even more interesting, is that even with the promise of competing models, over 90% plan on sticking with the iPad instead of the Slate, Galaxy, etc.

If you do not mind the waiting, at this stage you should at least see if they make any announcements next month. It doesn't much matter when you get one, you will always want to upgrade every 1-2 years.

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like a usb adaptor.
now you can get a usb adaptor, there have come for iPad.
As you don't care much for the camera, and you are satisfied with the bigger screen, seems the 9.7 iPad all suit to ur need, then get it!

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should wait.
Wait 1 years and you will be able to buy a Tablet which is much better and most defiantly cost less.
If you wait 3 years it will be even better.

Bottom line iPad2 which will come out some where on April 2011 , wouldn't have too many things worth waiting for.
Just wait for a good sale on used iPAD after Christmas. Someone will return an oped gift - you go and fetch it.

Walker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if you want one now and can afford it go for it, if you waited for the next best thing all the time you would have nothing.

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More ram is enough for me on its own to say wait
What specific problems are you having now with your iPad that more RAM would solve?

Web pages are slow, browser is slow, overall performance feels like a pc with not enough ram

There is a reason why they put 512 into their new iPhone...and it'll be the same reason why it'll be in the new iPad

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My advice is to go for it now. If you get the 64 you will have all you need. If the iPad2 has something you can't live without, eBay will help you take care of your old one. I don't believe in waiting for something you aren't sure of.

Most reactions