What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Buy ipad 2 3g without contract?

hydrooo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I'am from Poland, i will be in USA in two weeks
Plz tell me, if i can but ipad 2 3g GSM ( any version of memory) without contract( commitment) in AT&T ? Can i but it in any apple retail store ? or AT&T shop ?
Regards,
Lukas

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I'am from Poland, i will be in USA in two weeks
Plz tell me, if i can but ipad 2 3g GSM ( any version of memory) without contract( commitment) in AT&T ? Can i but it in any apple retail store ? or AT&T shop ?
Regards,
Lukas

Absolutely you can - there's no need to take out a contract but you might need to initialise it in the US by using a small pay-as-you-go contract from AT&T. i.e. you purchase their smallest pre-pay package, initialise it in the US - you could then use it there too - and it will then work fine when you get home.

Some - most - Members have reported difficulties if they don't initialise their iPad in the US before returning home.

Tim

OP
H

hydrooo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So where i have to go ? witch store ? AT&T, or apple ? and what i need to tell them ? that i want ipad 2 with smalles pay-as-you go ?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could purchase from Apple or AT&T. You don't need to purchase a contract at the store - you can do that on-line. If you purchase an AT&T iPad from either Apple or AT&T, the SIM card is fitted, but - if you want to use 3G (initialise it) you go into the 'Settings' menu on the iPad and there you can 'sign up' for whatever class of contract you want.

Tim

OP
H

hydrooo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, but what will happend if i don't activate it in us?

Most reactions

Latest posts