What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broken ipad, screen cracked and not powering on, argh help please.

apples

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.superbrightledflashlight.org
I have an ipad 1.

Kids dropped it, screen cracked. Worked like normal for a while, then died. Will not turn on. Even when connected to USB on computer it does not do anything.

What can I do in this situation?

Peter

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you know if your ipad is actually charged or not? Connecting it to a computer will only do a trickle charge and if your iPad has depleted all it's battery, it will take some time to charge sufficiently to start. I recommend plugging it directly into a power outlet with the original cord that was supplied with your iPad and once it has charged try a normal start. If you know it is charged and not turning on, try doing a reset of your iPad. Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. This step could take up to 30 seconds before the logo will appear, so be patient. It will then take a little longer for your iPad to restart. If this fails, then I would think your iPad has been damaged in some way. A trip to Apple would be the next step. Let us know how you go and the best of luck!!

OP
A

apples

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.superbrightledflashlight.org
Okay, I have had it on charge for 2hrs or so now.

It flashes the apples logo on and off. 15seconds black screen then about 5 seconds apple logo, 15sec blaack screen, 5 sec logo etc etc

If I hold the power and the home button down all that happens is that after about 25-28 seconds the logo appears then it goes like the above mentioned sequence.

???

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, I have had it on charge for 2hrs or so now.

It flashes the apples logo on and off. 15seconds black screen then about 5 seconds apple logo, 15sec blaack screen, 5 sec logo etc etc

If I hold the power and the home button down all that happens is that after about 25-28 seconds the logo appears then it goes like the above mentioned sequence.

???

That's not normal at all, so likely it is completely broken. Your last bet is to try putting the device into DFU mode and restoring it via iTunes. Follow this guide here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/27489-dfu-mode-dummies.html

Most reactions

Latest posts