What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broadband Download Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am getting download speeds of only 1 to 2 Mbps on my Ipad4 , Is this normal, how can I improve speed?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Nael - welcome to the forum! :)

You might need to provide some additional information: 1) What app are you using for the test (I have Speed Test on my iPad2); 2) Are you testing your download speed using Wi-Fi, 3G/4G, or both; 3) If using Wi-Fi, what is your setup (i.e. router type & transmissions offered, b/g/n or others), your distance from the router, and how many users?

Answers to these questions might help us? BTW, I just tested my DL speed (iPad2) which was 11.6 Mbps (on an older Linksys b/g router in the other room w/ just one user @ the moment). Good luck.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am getting download speeds of only 1 to 2 Mbps on my Ipad4 , Is this normal, how can I improve speed?

What does your provider contract say your bandwidth should be?
Cable or DSL?
A lot of DSL providers won't give you much more than what your getting.

I get around 30Mbps on my iPad 4 with my cable service.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nael said:

It would be better if some UK members respond to this. In Ontario Canada with Bell DSL my speed is amazing and close enough to the 'advertised' speed of 54Mbps for me.

evohicks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Internet is with BT in the uk on fibre optic at around 45 mb down and 16 up

Just did a test on my ipad and its at 15 down and 16 up

http://www.speedtest.net/iphone/437752394.png

My fastest speed is with my PC connected to the router via Ethernet cable and any wifi device, such as the ipad, will never reach that speed.
I am in the front room of my house and my router is up the stairs in the far bedroom, as far away as it could possibly be in our house, so my Internet speed on my ipad is acceptable to be honest.

OP
N

Nael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New Zyxel router gives me between 2 and 11 Mbps wifi via dsl modem/router, which ok for me when connected but now my problem is it doesn't always connect wirelessly, I have to keep rebooting router and/or switching ipad4 off and on. Router seems to have a signal strength/range problem, is this likely to be the case?

avanthika

iPF Noob
Reaction score

To increase your Internet speed you can follow these tips given below:

1. Tap Settings > Safari
2. Tap Clear History > Clear History (Clear on iPad)
3. Tap Clear Cookies > Clear Cookies (Clear on iPad)
4. Tap Clear Cache > Clear Cache (Clear on iPad)
5. Check for System Updates
6. Reset Network Settings
7. Clear Browser Cache After, completing this steps, you can check our internet speed for your ipad whether increase or not using this site

Moderation notice:This post has been edited by ipadforums staff in accordance with theForum RulesNo External Links

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Boy, this is an OP nearly a year old and the poster has not been active for nearly 6 months - this thread should just be closed? Dave :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Boy, this is an OP nearly a year old and the poster has not been active for nearly 6 months - this thread should just be closed? Dave :)

Thank you Dave.....it is a very old thread!

With that we will now close this thread....

..Thank you for your understanding.............

....THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts