What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brain teasers

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:
Colors of the rainbow. I Googled it. that is the problem, Google solves all riddles and clues.

I suppose the thread could be described as thinking outside of the google box! :D

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After the 12:30 clue I thought I had it for a moment, as a sequence of numbers encountered as the hands move around the clock 11, 12, 1... but it breaks down there, the next number should have been 2 and the answer 3. Oh well.

Clocks, yup. Chimes, specifically.

11:30 - chimes once
12:00 - chimes 12 times
12:30 - chines once
1:00 - chimes once
1:30 - once
2:00 - 2 times
2:30 - 0nce

On and on

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Clocks, yup. Chimes, specifically.

11:30 - chimes once
12:00 - chimes 12 times
12:30 - chines once
1:00 - chimes once
1:30 - once
2:00 - 2 times
2:30 - 0nce

On and on

Arg!. Thanks. I haven't been around a clock that chimed since I was a child. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking with it. :D

mywitastoundsme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If my sister is in the living room listening to micheal bolten, my brother is watching an Andy Dick comedy marathon, and I can't
stop my mother from talking about how messy my room is, how soon till I shoot myself?

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
55julie55 said:
How about an easy one?

Give it a spin Julie

Bob Maxey said:
Why bother. People will simply Google, post the answer and feel proud. I have a few more but Google takes the fun away.

Smiley

Those who cheat have their consciences etc ;) to live with :). Hopefully some more obscure teasers which beat Google, will crop up.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Ok, second more philosophical guess.

Life

Nope, but once again a good answer.
The best brain teasers to use on here are long ones, that way google is unlikely to bring back the correct answer due to the mass of web pages that will contain the words.

Proud owner of a 32GB wifi iPad2 iOS5.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Nope, but once again a good answer.
The best brain teasers to use on here are long ones, that way google is unlikely to bring back the correct answer due to the mass of web pages that will contain the words.

meh. Last try then. Uncertainty.

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
meh. Last try then. Uncertainty.

Another good guess :). And here is what that student wrote down:
"This."

Reasoning:
By doing this, the student demonstrated that he/she understood that having your grade based on one exam is risky.
Plus, putting just one word on such an important exam and hoping the professor understands what he means is risky in itself.

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Ok, one for all you thinkers......

One morning a man is leaving on business trip and finds he left some paperwork at his office. He runs into his office to get it and the night watchman stops him and says, "Sir, don't get on the plane. I had a dream last night that the plane would crash and everyone would die!" The man takes his word and cancels his trip. Sure enough, the plane crashes and everyone dies. The next morning the man gives the watchman a $1,000 reward for saving his life and then fires him. Why did he fire the watchman that saved his life?

Most reactions

Latest posts