What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boxor HD for iPad - Dreamboard

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
D_LA_ROC said:
I'm not sure if I am Allowed to mention because I don't want to be promoting other sites.

Links directly to specific content are fine provided they are fully relevant to the topic being discussed and provided the site you link to is not promoting piracy etc. In this case, linking to additional themes for Dreamboard is perfectly fine, so go ahead D_LA_ROC :)

OP
D_LA_ROC

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Links directly to specific content are fine provided they are fully relevant to the topic being discussed and provided the site you link to is not promoting piracy etc. In this case, linking to additional themes for Dreamboard is perfectly fine, so go ahead D_LA_ROC :)

Sweet!

iLoveMyiPad2!

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FINALLY figured out how to change names on those widgets(Or icons, whatever you call them) to show what I want..so I changed the gmail one to mboxmail..and mboxmail does now open, but the icon for gmail is still there..so I need to know what I have to put here
how do I change <string>/DreamBoard/BoxorHD-iPad/SBicons/Gmail.png</string> to mboxmail..do I just get rid of gmail.png
and instead put in mboxmail.png..is that how its done..thanks again for your help!
Oh one more thing..I notice in youtube videos of this theme that the applications folder on the top when opened is really big, a HUGE square box, mine is big but not THAT big just wondering how I Can expand it to make it larger..thanks

OP
D_LA_ROC

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
FINALLY figured out how to change names on those widgets(Or icons, whatever you call them) to show what I want..so I changed the gmail one to mboxmail..and mboxmail does now open, but the icon for gmail is still there..so I need to know what I have to put here
how do I change <string>/DreamBoard/BoxorHD-iPad/SBicons/Gmail.png</string> to mboxmail..do I just get rid of gmail.png
and instead put in mboxmail.png..is that how its done..thanks again for your help!
Oh one more thing..I notice in youtube videos of this theme that the applications folder on the top when opened is really big, a HUGE square box, mine is big but not THAT big just wondering how I Can expand it to make it larger..thanks

Im not too sure about changing the mail app? I only have changed the widget to twitter. The size of my app box has always been the same as it is in the screenshots I posted.

iLoveMyiPad2!

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:

Im not too sure about changing the mail app? I only have changed the widget to twitter. The size of my app box has always been the same as it is in the screenshots I posted.

iLoveMyiPad2!

Yeah because now when I go to the mail app it opens up mboxmail for me which is exactly what I want but the icon for gmail is still there so I thought I could change it..Ive seen other screenshots of this theme where people change the icons of the apps just have no idea how to do it..wasnt sure if I have to change gmail.png to mboxmail.png

OP
D_LA_ROC

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
Yeah because now when I go to the mail app it opens up mboxmail for me which is exactly what I want but the icon for gmail is still there so I thought I could change it..Ive seen other screenshots of this theme where people change the icons of the apps just have no idea how to do it..wasnt sure if I have to change gmail.png to mboxmail.png

Did you read the README file that's in this theme's folder in iFile? It tells you there how to change the icons.

iLoveMyiPad2!

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:

Did you read the README file that's in this theme's folder in iFile? It tells you there how to change the icons.

iLoveMyiPad2!

Yep I read it..and I dont know why I am not seeing anything in there about how to change the icons..I see how to change wallpaper, how to change big icons, but in that word file there is no instructions on how to change anything..its not like I havent tried Ive tried finding any sort of instructions here on how to do it and its just not here..I am at the final step..I just need to know how to change the actual icon to show what I want it to show and Im done..Ive already changed it to load what I want to load just the icon is just not there

OP
D_LA_ROC

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:
Yep I read it..and I dont know why I am not seeing anything in there about how to change the icons..I see how to change wallpaper, how to change big icons, but in that word file there is no instructions on how to change anything..its not like I havent tried Ive tried finding any sort of instructions here on how to do it and its just not here..I am at the final step..I just need to know how to change the actual icon to show what I want it to show and Im done..Ive already changed it to load what I want to load just the icon is just not there

Yes it does! Look at the last file in the README that says: How to replace BIG icons on Springboard. It tells you how to replace them.

iLoveMyiPad2!

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lakerfanalways said:

Yes it does! Look at the last file in the README that says: How to replace BIG icons on Springboard. It tells you how to replace them.

iLoveMyiPad2!

[FONT=&quot]How to add / replace BIG icons on springboard[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Open up Current.plist in [FONT=&quot]NotePad++[/FONT] (Windows) or TextWrangler (free on Mac on MacAppStore)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The theme code has different code for both Portrait and Landscape mode, edit the icon accordingly[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For example you want to edit big icons on portrait mode, find this string and edit the code within the strings[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]<!-- ===== BIGICONS PORTRAIT MODE STARTS ===== -->[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]EDIT THIS PORTION[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]<!-- ===== BIGICONS PORTRAIT MODE ENDS ===== -->[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Find the Bundle ID of your icons from here[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Find MORE icons (over 300+) from here[/FONT]

That is all it says..now I have already changed the string to have it show mboxmail for the mail but I want to change the icon too because for some reason even though I changed everything it still shows gmail.png..now I am looking at those instructions and no where does it show exactly what I have to do that I havent already done..so Im obviously missing something here

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is what it says when I go edit Current.plist

<key>Actions</key>
<array>
<string>launch com.mboxmail.mboxipad</string>
</array>
<key>FrameHeight</key>
<integer>150</integer>
<key>FrameWidth</key>
<integer>218</integer>
<key>FrameX</key>
<integer>2</integer>
<key>FrameY</key>
<integer>462</integer>
<key>Image</key>
<string>/DreamBoard/BoxorHD-iPad/SBicons/Gmail.png</string>
<key>ViewType</key>
<string>Button</string>

see so the first part I did fine, but it still shows the gmail icon when I load the boxor HD theme

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
I'm as new to this as you mate, my only programming skills come from the days of Sinclair, but from what I've seen in Ifile on most of these themes is that certain things are locked in within code and pre packed pictures....that to me seem unalterable.....but I'm sure I can't be right after seeing what others have done.

Most reactions

Latest posts