What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Books in itunes

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi My wife has a128 gb(?) ipad air 2. She has over a 1000 epub books loaded in. She asked me to install one more book for a series that she is reading. I opened itunes and selected "Books" and ready to install one more book, but I don't see any of the books that I installed before. I don't see any of new books or older books that I previously installed for her. They are all gone with the exception of an "Ipad guide" manual.
No books are listed under "Books" in itunes, but all the books are still on her ipad. Why are they not showing up in itunes?
Thank you

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
On the Mac? I believe that the books on the Mac were moved to a new Books app a few MacOS versions ago. They still sync through iTunes, but are bought and managed in the Books app.

I can’t confirm it myself, since I don’t have a Mac anymore.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also, you don’t have to use iTunes to add books to the Books app on iOS. You can email or otherwise import it to iOS. When you use the share sheet with the file, you will get an option to copy it to Books. I buy a lot of non-iBooks store books from third parties (mostly Baen.com), and add them after downloading in Safari.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
On the Mac? I believe that the books on the Mac were moved to a new Books app a few MacOS versions ago. They still sync through iTunes, but are bought and managed in the Books app.

I can’t confirm it myself, since I don’t have a Mac anymore.
I can confirm that books on the Mac are now bought and managed in the Books app.

OP
mwhoody

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm sorry I should have mentioned that I'm using itunes on a PC and the books I'm referring to are not bought.

Most reactions