What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Books and Magazines

NitroSteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad has not arrived yet... I've never been on i-tunes or in the app store... I've been a droid phone user for about 4 months and am familar with the droid "market". Is there a way I can look at available apps on my PC?

What app for ipad would I use to read magazines, which for books? If I already subscribe to a magazine will I have to purchase it for the Ipad too to read it on there or will my subscription transfer over? Will the magazines be downloaded once via wife and actually be "on" the device or will I have to stay connected in order to keep viewing the magazines, books, etc? How expensive is it to read a magazine or book?

I know it's alot of questions, but I am new...

Thank you,

NitroSteel

gilroykilroy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad has not arrived yet... I've never been on i-tunes or in the app store... I've been a droid phone user for about 4 months and am familar with the droid "market". Is there a way I can look at available apps on my PC?

iTunes runs on your computer too.

What app for ipad would I use to read magazines, which for books? If I already subscribe to a magazine will I have to purchase it for the Ipad too to read it on there or will my subscription transfer over? Will the magazines be downloaded once via wife and actually be "on" the device or will I have to stay connected in order to keep viewing the magazines, books, etc? How expensive is it to read a magazine or book?

I know it's alot of questions, but I am new...

Thank you,

NitroSteel

I use Zinio for magazines and Kindle for iPad for most books.

Some magazines have dedicated apps and some use web based readers. All depends upon what magazine you are talking about. Same goes for changing subscriptions from paper to electronic.

Magazines that are downloaded are available to read offline (like with Zinio.) Same goes for books.

Most reactions