What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Ipad 2

fdeen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
5421 Quail Ridge Circle, Roanoke VA 24018
I've joined to forum to seek information on two topics:

Best Office application for iPad2
Wi-Fi connection issues

I'm an Adjunct Professor at Virginia Western Community College and hope to use my iPad2 for lecture preparation/editing, thus the query regarding the best Office suite for iPad2. I use extensive powerpoint presentations, MS Word documents and occasional MS Excel files.

My issues with Wi-Fi pertain to the need to continually reset my wireless router to facilitate the iPad Wi-Fi connection. The iPad2 seems to lose its marbles between sessions. I will be connected, set the iPad down for a while and then resume using it and the Wi-Fi connection is gone and I am unable to reconnect. I then go to my router, cycle power and then most times am able to re-connect - very frustrating.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

One of our members carried out a survey of Office apps for his company; you can see his conclusions in this thread...

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/22431-hi-all.html

The Apple iWorks Office suite for the iPad has a set of useful Help pages that show their capabilities here...

Pages is Word compatible and can read .doc and .docx files and save in .doc and .pdf

Keynote is PowerPoint compatible and can read .ppt and .pptx files and save in .ppt and .pdf

Numbers is Excel compatible and can read .xls and .xlsx files and save in .xls and .pdf

Apple - Support - iOS Apps - Welcome

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts