What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boarding pass on iPad

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
save it to afile and get the hp eprint app...you can print it in most airports at the HP print kiosks...the app is free but you have to pay for the printing

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've just come back from a trip last week and I saw a couple of people just present their iPads at the boarding gates. I would check to make sure that your particular airline will accept this though. Not sure how they saved it, but I have just taken a screen print of other vouchers and presented them in stores on my iPad and they were accepted.

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Won't work with Southwest Airlines. Scanner could not read; needed a paper boarding pass.

Last edited:

Mitten

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last week I tried to show my boarding pass to a Delta gate agent for check in and was told that the reader often has problems reading anything other than an iPhone size screen. He printed out a paper boarding pass for me. YMMV

EvilMonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last week I tried to show my boarding pass to a Delta gate agent for check in and was told that the reader often has problems reading anything other than an iPhone size screen. He printed out a paper boarding pass for me. YMMV

I usually have them on my EVO (4.3" screen) and had trouble once with it. Since then, I just keep the paper printout as a spare in case they have trouble with it.

I periodically have trouble with other things like that, such as I have all my "shopper" cards and my gym membership card on my phone so I don't have to carry them around in my wallet or on my keychain. 99% of the time, they can scan it from the phone fine, but here and there they just can't. Sometimes turning the brightness down helps.

It's just the airport is not the best place to be having trouble like that, so I recommend keeping a paper copy.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trials still going on:

"As of March 2012, the pilot was operating at 110 U.S. airports with nine airlines: Alaska, American, British Airways, Continental, Delta, Lufthansa, United, US Airways, and Virgin America."

TSA: Paperless Boarding Pass Pilot

I still try to print a boarding pass, because the scanners still have probs at times with paperless scanning. I would never use my iPads for scanning anyway, because I have my phone.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just come back from a trip last week and I saw a couple of people just present their iPads at the boarding gates. I would check to make sure that your particular airline will accept this though. Not sure how they saved it, but I have just taken a screen print of other vouchers and presented them in stores on my iPad and they were accepted.

I just do a screen shot on iPhone.

Most reactions

Latest posts