What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth

Bailey01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,I'm having problems connecting my Ipad Air to my PC via Bluetooth,it pairs with no problem but won't connect,it says no drivers are loaded is there anyway I can get over this problem,thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi again!

Bluetooth on an iPad can be used for headphones or keyboards. You won't be able to connect it to a computer, sorry.
May I ask: what did you intend to do when connected to the computer? Perhaps we can help you get this done without Bluetooth.

OP
B

Bailey01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi JA,the idea was to move photos from PC to ipad and vice versa without going through iTunes,as you may gather I am very new to the iOS system.ive always had Android before and never had a problem connecting to a PC via Bluetooth.i still have an android mobile phone(Samsung Galaxy S3)and was rather hoping that I could pair that with my ipad via Bluetooth but it seems that's not possible either,it just a bit of a bore having to connect to my PC every time I want to transfer any pics or vids.also I find that you can't delete any photos transferred to my ipad thru iTunes without going through the PC and iTunes .Is my only answer getting an iPhone or are there any ways around it? sorry if I sound a bit vague but as mentioned before I am real a complete novice.thanks for being a big help I appreciate it.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can pair your Samsung Galaxy with your iPad. You can't use it to send files/pictures/music, though.

As you already noticed, you also can't delete pictures you synced to your iPad through iTunes.
You could use cloud storage, like Dropbox, Google Drive, Skydrive, Box, ... to sync between devices. Save the files... there, and you can open it on the other devices as well. There's also Evernote, which syncs between Windows and Apple as well. I wouldn't use it for pictures, though.
Another option would be to use software on your computer to sync iPad and computer. There are several different kinds of these available for Windows and Mac. Just search for them and choose the one that fits your needs.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bailey01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once again JA thanks,whilst I'm on another question,I have only been able to transfer photos via iTunes that are in a folder on my PC is there a way I can transfer them individually rather than a complete folder?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I can't help you there. I don't use iTunes. Hopefully someone else will be able to tell you if it's possible, and what to do.

OP
B

Bailey01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to let you know JA,I already had a Drop Box account and now I'm able to transfer my photos from there as you suggested .many thanks.

mesue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
geekintheforest.com
Check out the app called FileBrowser. It's great because it lets you connect to any shared folders on your computers without having to have a helper app also installed on the computer. It does two-way transfers and also has media player and photo viewer. I use it often to browse the photos on my home server and copy what I want to my iPad. And it also connects to dropbox and many other cloud storage accounts so you can unify them in one place. It's $5, but I sure have gotten my money's worth out of it.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just to let you know JA,I already had a Drop Box account and now I'm able to transfer my photos from there as you suggested .many thanks.

Hi Bailey01 - you've already received some excellent advice - but also checkout this THREAD and take a look at some of the posts, including one that I left (#6, I believe) - good luck! :)

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can also set up Photostream on your PC to transfer photos. I no longer use it since I just upload from my SD card to my PC (raw files) but also upload that same SD card to my Ipad. You will need to install the icloud panel on your PC.
iCloud: Set up Photo Stream

argon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluetooth on an iPad can be used for headphones or keyboards. You won't be able to connect it to a computer, sorry.
I assumed that I would be able to connect (wirelessly) via Bluetooth to a Bluetooth-enabled powered speaker/player. Am I wrong about this? I am about ready to buy my first iPad.... don't know a whole lot, yet. Thanks. (PS - The IPod Touch can do this, correct?)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I assumed that I would be able to connect (wirelessly) via Bluetooth to a Bluetooth-enabled powered speaker/player. Am I wrong about this? I am about ready to buy my first iPad.... don't know a whole lot, yet. Thanks. (PS - The IPod Touch can do this, correct?)
You're right, it's possible with an iPad. And yes, the iPod touch can do it.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hi Argon - as Johanna has posted, Bluetooth (BT) is meant to connect wirelessly to speakers, headphones, and keyboards - my old iPod Touch (2G) & iPad 2 use all of these options, i.e. I use the Apple BT Keyboard w/ my iPad & BT headphones and travel speakers w/ my iPod - when I transition (soon!) to the iPad Air, I'll put all of my music on the new iPad device which will eliminate me carrying two iDevices when traveling - please post if you have other questions about BT! Dave :)

Most reactions