What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluetooth disconnect but not forget

ibarrere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't be the only person wondering this, but is there a way to disconnect from a Bluetooth device without forgetting it?

I have Bluetooth speakers and Bluetooth headphones and I like to switch between them frequently. Evidently, in order to do that I need to forget the first device, then repair. This becomes a big pain because I need to flip the first device into discoverable mode again to find it and pair with it.

My phone and my computer allow me to stay paired to both, but only actively connected to one, it's easy enough to switch between them that way. Surely my iPad can do that as well?

Thanks for your time.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Turn the unwanted device off? That's what I do most of the time.

Some devices do not automatically connect. For those simply turning off Bluetooth on the iPad, and then back on. This will leave you Not Connected until you select the device again.

When more than one device will stay connected, you can choose between them for some types of audio output using the AirPlay icon in the multitask bar (only appears if there is a choice).

OP
I

ibarrere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool, the turning off Bluetooth on the iPad thing should probably do the trick. Not really ideal, but it gets the job done.

Thanks for the tip about multiple audio outputs too, that was something else I was wondering about.

Turn the unwanted device off? That's what I do most of the time.

Some devices do not automatically connect. For those simply turning off Bluetooth on the iPad, and then back on. This will leave you Not Connected until you select the device again.

When more than one device will stay connected, you can choose between them for some types of audio output using the AirPlay icon in the multitask bar (only appears if there is a choice).

OP
I

ibarrere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice, was just messing around with the AirPlay feature, that's essentially exactly what I was looking for, some way of controlling where my audio goes (mostly with regards to Bluetooth). Thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts